(The second in a series of posts on Nestlé Nutrition Presents: Current Topics in Nutrition Support 2007)
In her Current Topics 2007 talk on pre- and probiotics, Dr. Reimer provided us with a list of products currently available in Canada, which I am reproducing with active links here.
- Enteral formulas
- Nestlé Nutrition products: Carnation Breakfast Anytime, NUTREN Junior Fibre with Prebio, NUTREN Fibre with Prebio, NUTREN 1.5 Fibre with Prebio, PEPTAMEN with Prebio. Prebio is a blend of fructo-oligosaccharides [FOS] and inulin.
- Abbott Canada -- I will add information as soon as I obtain a log-in to the health professionals section of the web site.
- Dairy products
- Astro™ BioBest™ yogurt -- with acidophilus and bifidum probiotic cultures
- Danone Activia® yogurt -- contains Bifidobacterium (animalis) lactis, or BL RegularisTM
- Olympic yogurts and sour cream -- contain combinations of Lactobacillus acidophilus, Bifidobacteria, Streptococcus thermophilus, Lactobacillus paracasei subsp. casei, and Lactobacillus delbrueckii subsp. bulgaricus & subsp. lactis.
- Dairyland Plus Acidophilus Bifidus -- milk with acidophilus and bifudus cultures
- Kraft LiveActive cheddar cheese -- contains Bifidobacterium lactis and Lactobacillus rhamnosus